My Photo
Name:
Location: Oahu, Hawaii, United States

Fashion & Portrait Photographer from Europe. She resides on Oahu, HI with her two sons.

Romeo Echo
Alpha Delta

Serial Number

What Mummy is watching:

Dog Tags

Salute

  • Powered by 

Blogger

Monday, October 24, 2005

The 9 Losses of My Life

  1. Loss of World: Every place (whether a country, a house, a playground), person (friends, role models, teachers), and everything (your culture is gone and replaced with a different one, everything changes).
  2. Loss of Satus: My significance and being recognized for contributions.
  3. Loss of Lifestyle: Daily living patterns and a sense of security
  4. Loss of Possessions: Things that connect me to my past (also pets, belongings, things that couldn't be moved or had to be sold, things from the culture that I miss)
  5. Loss of Relationships: constant come and go, hellos and goodbyes
  6. Loss of Role Model: People I looked up to whom I learned the culture from and admired.
  7. Loss of System Identity: ID cards and military priviledges.
  8. Loss of the Past that Wasn't: I never picked up a foreign language fluently and had to move in the middle of my junior year of highschool. I didn't get to graduate with my friends.
  9. Loss of the Past that Was: I cannot go and revisit my old homes, old schools, playgrounds, and places of my past. There are too many and they are all so far away from me and eachother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home