My Photo
Name:
Location: Oahu, Hawaii, United States

Fashion & Portrait Photographer from Europe. She resides on Oahu, HI with her two sons.

Romeo Echo
Alpha Delta

Serial Number

What Mummy is watching:

Dog Tags

Salute

  • Powered by 

Blogger

Monday, June 13, 2005

Celebrating American holidays Overseas

My family had just moved to Naples, Italy from England shortly before this photo was taken. We were living at the hotel where all the military families stay when they are moving to or from Naples. We went to the NEX and Zoe picked out a ready-to-wear Ragedy Anne costume and I picked out some accessories to go with what I already owned, so I could be a cat. I remember another military couple in the elevator asking me if I was 'cat woman'. This year we received the most candy ever from Halloween. Being stationed overseas, you may not think that would be possible. We went trick or treating through out the hotel and then we went trick or treating at the 'towers' where many military families lived. Though we were not on US soil, it didn't mean Halloween was cancelled for the children. This is one reason I really enjoyed my childhood of being a military brat. The camaraderie that is displayed between all the military families and personal on base. I am really happy my parents helped intergrate us into the local culture, instead of being on base 24/7. But also having that feeling of family and pride of our country among other Americans was a huge blessing to me. We were all living a kind of life, many people don't experience. So going through it together was really special. Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home